How to Use Zoom
* The Zoom Rooms will be open 30 minutes before your scheduled meeting start time to allow for participant video and audio testing. In order for the meeting to start on time, please join the meeting early in order to ensure you can successfully log in to Zoom. Once logged in, please mute your computer/phone.
Should you have any technical problems or questions before/during the meeting, please contact Joshua Shapiro (email@example.com).
TO JOIN BY COMPUTER:
When joining a Zoom meeting by computer (to use web/video conferencing or Computer Audio), click on the link provided in the meeting invitation.
If you do not have to have a Zoom account, you will be prompted to download the software once you have clicked on the link that you have been provided. You may also wish to create an account, but that is not required to participate in a Zoom meeting.
You will need a computer or device with microphone and webcam (optional but preferred) to participate in the Zoom session.
Step 1: If you have not previously installed the Zoom desktop app it may begin downloading. If it does not begin downloading, click “Download & Run Zoom.”
Step 2: Your Zoom Desktop Client will download. You will then need to install the client. Note that you may also download clients for IOS and Android devices.
Step 3: Once you have downloaded zoom, you can now join the meeting. Click on the link provided in the zoom confirmation email. This is a personalized link unique to you so please DO NOT SHARE YOUR URL LINK.
- Enter the password provided in the meeting invitation
- Enter your actual name as you want it to appear in the virtual meeting room.
Step 4: You will be asked to join the audio conference.
- If you wish to use your computer’s speaker and microphone to listen and speak, click “Join by Computer”. If you select this option, please mute your computer.
- If you wish to join by telephone, click “Phone Call and use the provided information (telephone number, Meeting ID, Participant ID, and password) to dial into the Zoom
- If you do not see this message, click the arrow to the right of the “JOIN AUDIO icon (on bottom left hand corner of your screen), and select “Audio Settings.”
Step 5: Once you are in the meeting, select the Video camera icon to turn your camera on.
- NOTE: You must have a camera on your laptop or phone in order to use the video conferencing portion of the meeting.
- Adjust other video settings by using the video icon located in the lower left corner of the Zoom window.
- If you do not see your video, click the arrow to the right of the Video camera icon (on bottom left corner of your screen), and select a camera or video settings.
- Waiting Room: You will initially see the “waiting room” when you join the meeting. Your screen will display “Please wait, the meeting host will let you in soon.” This feature will provide additional security, but you are not required to take any action on your own.
- Viewing Option: Once on the video call, you can select from two viewing options at the top right side of your Zoom screen:
- Gallery view—which shows all participants in like-sized boxes (suggested)
- Speaker view—which enlarges the current speaker
- Chat Function: Please note there is an option to type and ‘chat’ with the entire group or to an individual. Please feel free to use this feature if you wish to communicate with us in writing during the call, separate from speaking. To access the chat function, go to the bottom of your screen and click the button labeled “Chat”.
- Raise Your Hand: Should you have a question, please “Raise Your Hand”. To do this, go to the bottom of the screen and click on the icon labeled “Participant”, then click the button labeled “Raise Hand”. The Chair/Moderator will see this and call on you shortly. NOTE: Please make sure to lower your hand after asking your question by clicking on the icon that says, “Lower Hand”.
- Phone Only? Dial *9
- Muting Your Microphone when you are not talking: In order to reduce background noise and maintain the highest quality control of audio, we ask that everyone please make your microphone during the meeting.
- Phone Only? Dial *6
- To Share Screen: Hover over the bottom of your Zoom meeting screen to make the meeting toolbar visible. NOTE: Participants will only be able to screen share if enabled by the Chair, Co-Chair, Rapporteur, or Zoom Moderator
- Click on the Share Screen icon located in the toolbar at the bottom of your screen. NOTE: You also have the option of choosing a Whiteboard
- Select screen you wish to share and click on the Share button
- Enable/disable your computer’s sounds
- Enable/disable full screen optimization
To learn more about Zoom and how to access instructions go to: Zoom- Join a Meeting (0:53)
TO JOIN VIA SMARTPHONE, TABLET, OR AUDIO ONLY:
To join via smartphone or tablet:
- You will first need to download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app (free in the Apple or Google Play store) before trying to join the meeting.
NOTE: You can still join a meeting without signing into Zoom.
- You will still have to join by accessing the link and password (as listed above).
- Please make sure to list your first name and last name when entering zoom.
- The audio/video controls are slightly different with each device so please check Zoom instructions below.
Instructions for Android
Instructions for iOS
System Requirements for iOS, iPadOS, and android
To join via phone (audio only):
If you are participating by audio ONLY via a dial-in phone call, please use one of the phone numbers below then enter your Meeting ID to join the call.
Dial by your location
- +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 301 715 8592 US
- +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
- +1 253 215 8782 US
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/adISD4iRtY
If you join by telephone ONLY and need to:
- Mute or unmute – dial *6
- Raise your hand – dial *9